Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.
– Margaret Mead
We Are Looking For Help In Certain Areas This Year
- Saturday Afternoon/Evening Set Up – We need volunteers to assist with set-up tasks on the afternoon/evening of Saturday, July 16 – the day before the event. Volunteers signing up for this task must be comfortable lifting heavy items.
- Sunday Morning Set Up – We need volunteers to assist with set-up tasks in the early morning on Sunday, July 17, from approximately 5am-10am. More specific set up tasks will be assigned closer to the event. Some morning set up roles will require heavy lifting. Please indicate if you are comfortable lifting heavy items if you would like this shift.
- Volunteer tent helper
- Mini Regatta Kids’ Activities – Volunteers in this role will help facilitate the kids’ craft area and Mini Regatta (race for kids’ crafted boats).
- Crowd control/security – Volunteers signing up for this role must be comfortable directing crowds of people and ensuring spectators maintain a safe distance from boats being carried to the waterfront.
- Boat carriers – Volunteers signing up for this role will be carrying boats from the boat building areas down to the waterfront. Volunteers signing up for this task must be comfortable lifting heavy items.
- Race timers
- Raffle sales – Volunteers selling raffle tickets must be comfortable advertising and selling tickets to spectators at the event.
- Clean Up – We will need volunteers to take down and clean up the site from approximately 3pm-6pm. Volunteers in this role must be comfortable lifting heavy items.
- We may also need volunteers to assist as “floaters” to help relay information between areas and provide general support and assistance to different stations. More volunteer roles and specific areas of need may arise closer to the date of the event.