Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.
– Margaret Mead
We Are Looking For Help In Certain Areas This Year
- Selling Concession at the Beachfront (12:30-2:30pm): This is a great job for someone that is ok being out in the sun, lots of walking and an outgoing personality. Would also be a great opportunity for a company that wants to participate and be visual at Silly Boat, but cannot do a boat. Wear your company shirts and interact directly with the masses at the race hub.
- Set-up (6-9am): This involves heavy lifting and the ability to get yourself to the park for 6am.
- Kiddy Bouncer Supervisors (10am – 2pm) looking for people 18+ that are ok to supervise a bouncer even for 1 or 2 hours. This is a great job for a volunteer that needs to sit – you can even bring your own comfy camp chair
- Main Concession Booth (7am to 11am or 11am -3pm): Looking for an experienced grill person, food safe preferred but not mandatory
- Boat Movers (12:30 – 2:30pm): This involves working with a group of people to help carry the boats to the waterfront and back to team sites. Heavy lifting ability and you need runners or boots that can get wet (No sandals or water shoes)
- Take Down (2-6pm): We are looking for some Super Stars to swoop in all fresh and help with packing up supplies and cleaning up the park. Most of the organizing volunteers have been there all day and are exhausted – 8 or 10 fresh people would make a world of difference. This is another great activity for a business team that wants to help
- Supervisors (10am – 2pm) looking for people 18+ that are ok to supervise a bouncer even for 1 or 2 hours. This is a great job for a volunteer that needs to sit – you can even bring your own comfy camp chair