Child Development Centre Mission Statement
Child Development Centre Philosophy Statement
Services provided by the Child Development Centre are based on the philosophy that children have the right to quality services which facilitate their optimum development and that early recognition and prompt intervention can enhance a child’s ability. In family centered programs, all policies and practices are based on an underlying set of principles regarding our relationships with families:
- 1. Recognizes that families are the center of children’s lives. This includes not only the child and his/her primary caregiver, but all significant people involved in caring for the child.
- 2. Respects family composition and their values, beliefs, racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- 3. All family members are included and treated with respect. Programs are welcoming, non-judgmental, and confidential, fostering independence by respecting family choices.All family members are included and treated with respect. Programs are welcoming, non-judgmental, and confidential, fostering independence by respecting family choices.
- 4. The partnership between the family and service provider is at the heart of family centered practice.
- 5. Efforts are made to build inclusiveness and to welcome all family members as partners in the program.
- 6. Family goals and needs become the stimulus for program design and practice. This promotes close collaborations with other community agencies so that a broad array of comprehensive services are available.
- 7. Recognizes that each family is unique with individual strengths and competencies.